Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Examining the social amplification of risk in Great Lakes areas of concern
A large proportion of the work of the Agency involves a focus on risk perception and risk communication. Frequently, staff will be involved in communicating about the risks associated with operational work or responding to concerns about a particular issue which may have been raised in the news or by local communities.
Sometimes, there will be a discrepancy between the risks perceived by experts and the way in which risks are reported and perceived by lay people. To help us improve GOV.
Bad News Has Wings: Dread Risk Mediates Social Amplification in Risk Communication.
- Log in to Wiley Online Library.
- Browse STARS;
- Social Amplification of Risk Framework applied to Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.
- Effective Teachers in Secondary Schools: A Reflective Resource for Performance Management!
- Cul-de-Sac: A Novel.
Oxford Research Encyclopedias Communication. Search within subject: Select Read More. Subscriber sign in.
In This Article
Forgot password? Don't have an account? Sign in via your Institution. Sign in with your library card.
Social Amplification of Risk Framework applied to Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita
Search within Show Summary Details Summary and Keywords Risk is a social construction, and its understanding by information consumers is shaped through interaction with messages, opinions, shared and learned experiences, and interpretations of the characteristics of risk. Yulia A.
- Welcome to the IDEALS Repository.
- Whose Little Girl are You?.
- Media risks: the social amplification of risk and the media violence debate : WestminsterResearch.
- The Social Amplification of Risk - PDF Free Download.
Janice L. All rights reserved.